OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
In response to the current pandemic, we are offering options for our courses. We are still receiving requests for classes despite the virus and will conduct the classes as part of public safety. CCW permit applications are still being processed requiring basic pistol training and CCW training.
- In-class training – We’ve received numerous requests to continue in-class training as many believe they learn and retain better using this format. We will continue to offer this while abiding by current requirements for social distancing by keeping classes small and students spread out and conducting the entire class outdoors, NOT INDOORS.
- CCW Blended Training – You will be sent course material to study at home as well as a test to complete. Once completed we meet at the range in small groups, review the material, and conduct hands-on training and qualification. This will allow you to learn at your own pace and execute what you have learned utilizing dry-fire and live-fire exercises at the range. Small groups, social distancing, and outdoors.
- NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course – Blended – This course combines online training and testing combined with in-person exercises and live fire qualification at the range. Go at your own pace and once completed with the online portion, schedule a date to conduct the range portion of the program. See our “Pistol” page for details.
- Webinar – Although we have not received any requests for this format, we can schedule a webinar course for our NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course and our CA CCW Initial Safety Training and Qualification Courses. This will require scheduling a date and time to conduct an online meeting.
All in-person training is conducted at Rainbow Shooting Range which is located in San Diego County. All students will be required to comply with current county requirements:
- Maintain 6 ft distance from one another
- If you are sick or feel sick, stay home. Reschedule
- Bring face covering that covers nose and mouth, and gloves as precautions
- There is soap and faucet at the range where you can wash your hands
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO
ORDER OF THE HEALTH OFFICER
AND EMERGENCY REGULATIONS
(Effective March 29, 2020)
a. All public or private “gatherings,” as defined in section 2 below, are prohibited
For purposes of this Order:
a. “Gathering” is any event or convening that brings together 10 or more people in a single room or single space at the same time, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, theater, church, casino, conference room, meeting hall, cafeteria, or any other indoor or outdoor space.
CA CCW COURSES
CONTACT US FOR REGISTRATION FOR THE FOLLOWING EVENTS
NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program for Pistol Saturday February 29, 2020 @ 1:00 PM
Pistol Skills Workshop – USPSA Saturday March 14 @ 1:00 PM
NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program for Pistol Saturday March 28, 2020 @ 1:00 PM
Handling and shooting any firearm can be a VERY intimidating and even traumatic thought for many. We’ve been conditioned by Hollywood and the media to believe that guns are dangerous. In reality, guns are safe when handled properly and with respect. It is the untrained, the careless, and the evil-doers that make the gun “dangerous”.
Firearms make an invaluable equalizer for defending yourself and your loved ones saving an estimated 500,000 to 2 million lives each year. Evil people have existed since the dawn of man and will always exist. Owning a firearm is the number one reason students attend our courses with the realization that anyone can be a victim but, like many of you, these students had a fear of hurting themselves or a loved one and signed up so they can learn about firearms safety. Many continue honing their shooting skills with recreational shooting and some even find out they shoot very well and get involved in competition shooting. Whatever your goal is, we’re here to help!
Whatever your reason for learning, we recognize that there are many of you who are apprehensive in taking the first step in learning how to shoot a gun. Our courses are designed specifically for you and those like you. We keep our basic classes small so we can focus on each individual needs and mitigate the stress, anxiety, and intimidation that may be preventing you from taking that first step. Know that you are not alone. Read our reviews and testimonials. We’ll make your experience enjoyable while gaining the confidence to handle any firearms safely.
Our mission is to be the leader in firearms training providing superior training without the stress, intimidation, or anxiety common with people who have never touched a firearm before, and then continue to provide additional training to hone their shooting skills. We intend to accomplish this by providing a comfortable learning environment, small or private group settings, and certified & caring instructors.
Active and Retired Military and Law Enforcement – 10% Discount
© 2020, L&L Firearms Training, LLC. All rights reserved.