$190 per student (plus $25 range fee)
Length of course: 16 hours
This course develops NRA Certified Rifle Instructors who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course.
Pass the NRA Pre-course qualification. The NRA Pre-course qualification will have a minimum passing score of 80 out of a possible 100 points. This checklist is attached to the registration page at www.nrainstructors.org. Pre-course qualification will be conducted at the range prior to the beginning of the course. Please contact us for scheduling.
Complete pre-course questionnaire. Questionnaires will be sent to candidates once deposit or full payment has been paid. Candidates are to complete the questionnaire and send back prior to the beginning of the course.
Once all pre-requisites have been met and minimum payment has been received, students will receive course material to study prior to attending the course.
DO NOT BRING LIVE AMMUNITION TO THE CLASS!
Course consists of the following:
Part 1: Basic Instructor Training (BITS) – 6 hrs (Good for 2 years)
- How To Introduce A Speaker
- The Instructor and the NRA Basic Firearm Training Program
- Using A Training Team
- Training Materials and Training Aids
- Organizing Your Course
- Preparing To Teach
Part 2: NRA Rifle Instructor Training
- Introduction to NRA Basic Rifle Lesson Plan
- Teaching Rifle Exercise I: Firearms and Range Safety Review
- Teaching Rifle Exercise II: Fundamentals
- The Basic Shooting Instructional Method
- Teaching Rifle Exercise III: Loading, Cocking, De-cocking, Unloading, and Rifle Maintenance
- Teaching Rifle Exercise IV: Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualification
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Rifle Shooters
- Using Appendix D and E: NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course Evaluation and Performance Requirements
- Checklist and Rifle Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion
Candidates will receive:
- NRA Trainer’s Guide
- NRA Rifle Instructor Candidate Packet
- NRA Guide: Basic Rifle Shooting Handbook (Candidates receives this during Basic Rifle Shooting Course)
- NRA Trainer’s exam
- NRA Rifle Instructor Exam
- NRA Instructor Course Completion Card
$25 range fee will be collected at the range if you qualify during the course.
$190 each student (cash price. Add 3% for credit card transactions)
Full Payment for those who have current BIT’s
$150 each student (cash price. Add 3% for credit card transactions)
Deposit Now – Balance Due at Class
$40 each student – non refundable (no credit card fee applied. balance due on-site)
To pay in cash:
send check to: L&L Firearms Training, LLC 39318 Kimberly Lane, CA 92591.
Cash, check, or debit accepted in class.
© 2017, L&L Firearms Training, LLC. All rights reserved.