$190 per student (plus $25 range fee only if you plan to qualify during the class)
Length of course: 16 hours
This course develops NRA Certified Pistol Instructors who possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course.
Complete the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course – Instructor Led Training and achieve a passing score of 90% or higher.
Pass the NRA Pre-course qualification. The NRA Pre-course qualification will have a minimum passing score of 80 out of a possible 100 points. This checklist is attached to the registration page at www.nrainstructors.org. Pre-course qualification will be conducted at the range prior to the beginning of the course. Please contact us for scheduling.
Complete pre-course questionnaire. Questionnaires will be sent to candidates once deposit or full payment has been paid. Candidates are to complete the questionnaire and send back prior to the beginning of the course.
Once all pre-requisites have been met and minimum payment has been received, students will receive course material to study prior to attending the course.
DO NOT BRING LIVE AMMUNITION TO THE CLASS!
Course consists of the following:
Part 1: Basic Instructor Training (BITS) – 6 hrs (Good for 2 years)
- How To Introduce A Speaker
- The Instructor and the NRA Basic Firearm Training Program
- Using A Training Team
- Training Materials and Training Aids
- Organizing Your Course
- Preparing To Teach
Part 2: NRA Pistol Instructor Training
- Introduction to NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Phase II Lesson Plan
- Teaching Pistol Exercise I: Firearms and Range Safety Review
- Teaching Pistol Exercise II: Fundamentals
- The Basic Shooting Instructional Method
- Teaching Pistol Exercise III: Loading, Cocking, De-cocking, Unloading, and Pistol Maintenance
- Teaching Pistol Exercise IV: Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualification
- Evaluating and Improving Performance of Beginning Pistol Shooters
- Using Appendix D and E: NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course Evaluation and Performance Requirements
- Checklist and Pistol Instructor Examination and Course Conclusion
Candidates will receive:
- NRA Trainer’s Guide
- NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting – Instructor Led Training and Blended Lesson Plans
- NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook (Candidates receives this during Basics of Pistol Shooting Course)
- NRA Trainer’s exam
- NRA Pistol Instructor Exam
- NRA Instructor Course Completion Card
Full Payment (Please bring $25 cash for range fee)
$190 each student (Cash Price. Add 3% for credit card transactions)
Deposit Now – Balance Due at Class
$40 each student – non refundable (no credit card fee applied. balance due on-site)
IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF RAINBOW SHOOTING RANGE, BRING $25 CASH FOR THE RANGE FEE.
To pay in cash:
send check to: L&L Firearms Training, LLC 39318 Kimberly Lane, CA 92591.
Cash, check, or debit accepted in class.
© 2017, L&L Firearms Training, LLC. All rights reserved.