$100 per student (plus $25 range fee)
This course consists of 2 modules in order to complete. Module 1 is online consisting of home study work and exam. Module 2 is practical skills demonstration and live fire qualification.
Register on the NRA website for the course you wish to attend. The course listed will be the date for Module 2. Once registered you will be assigned a Course Control Code that give you access to the online training. You have 90 days to complete the course and then pass the exam with 90%. If you do not pass, you will be given four opportunities to take the exam again.
Course consists of the following:
- Gun Safety Rules
- Types of Pistols
- Understanding a Revolver & a Semi-Automatic Pistol
- The Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Shooting Positions
- Pistol Shooting Errors
- Clearing Pistol Stoppages
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Selecting Pistols, Ammunition & Accessories
- Maintaining Your Skills
Once you pass, you have access to attend module 2.
Module 2 of the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course reinforces and applies the skills students have already learned in the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting e-learning. Ultimately, students will become more comfortable and familiar with pistols in order to achieve certification. The Basic Pistol Course will also help prepare the student for participation in other NRA courses.
Exercise 1: Firearm and Range Safety Review Setting: Classroom and/or range
- Review the three NRA rules for safe gun-handling.
- State range rules.
- Identify range commands.
Exercise 2: Fundamentals Setting: Classroom and/or range
- Determine your dominant eye.
- Assume a proper two-handed grip.
- Demonstrate the five fundamentals of pistol shooting: aiming, breath control, hold control, trigger control, and follow through.
Exercise 3: Loading, Cocking, De-cocking, Unloading, and Pistol Maintenance Setting: Classroom and/or Range
- Load, cock, de-cock, and unload a single-action revolver.
- Load, cock, de-cock, and unload a double-action revolver.
- Load, cock, de-cock, and unload a semi-automatic pistol.
- Review how to safely clean a pistol.
Exercise 4: Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualification Setting: Range
- Demonstrate the five learning steps to shoot from the benchrest position
- Demonstrate the five learning steps to shoot from the Isosceles position.
- Shoot the course qualification.
Red, White, and Blue Certification
Students must qualify at the Level 1: Red level to earn a Basic Pistol Course Completion Certificate. Once the student accomplishes the Level 1: Red level, you will have the opportunity to qualify for the Level 2: White, Level 3: Blue, and Instructor Level 4 endorsements on their certificates.
- Qualification for Level 1: Red is four five shot groups within the four-inch circle at 10 feet.
- Qualification for Level 2: White is four five shot groups within the four-inch circle at 15 feet.
- Qualification for Level 3: Blue is four five shot groups within the four-inch circle at 20 feet.
- Instructor Certification: Students will also be afforded the opportunity to shoot to the same qualification standard an NRA Certified Instructor must shoot. Student will shoot 20 shots from 45 feet at the NRA Instructor Training Qualification Target. If the student is able to place 16 of the 20 shots within a six inch group, the student would earn the instructor level endorsement. Each endorsement is something they would be proud to share with their friends and family.
Test Fire An Additional 5 Pistols:
Thinking about buying a gun? Try first! There are many variables to consider when selecting a pistol, specifically felt recoil which is affected by pistol size and weight and cartridge caliber, and other intangibles like ergonomics, cost, and most importantly, intended use. For $25, you can shoot the following (includes 5 rds per pistol):
- Bersa Firestorm .380 semi-auto
- Beretta 92FS 9mm semi-auto
- FMK 9C1 9mm compact semi-auto
- Springfield Armory XD40 sub-compact .40 cal semi-auto
- Ruger SP101 .357 mag double-action revolver (you’ll shoot .38 spl and/or .357 mag to feel the difference)
- Ruger Vaquero .357 mag single-action revolver (you’ll shoot .38 spl and/or .357 mag to feel the difference)
$25 range fee will be collected at the range for those who are not members of Rainbow Shooting Range
$100 each student (Cash price. Add 3% for credit card transactions)
Additional 6 Pistol Option:
$25 each student (Cash price. Add 3% for credit card transactions)
Deposit Now – Balance Due at Class
$40 each student – non refundable (no credit card fee applied. balance due on-site)
To pay in cash:
send check to: L&L Firearms Training, LLC 39318 Kimberly Lane, CA 92591.
Cash, check, or debit accepted in class.
© 2017, L&L Firearms Training, LLC. All rights reserved.