Your cart is empty
Course Fee: $175.00 (Limit 6 students)
Additional $30 range fee to be collected at the range.
THIS IS AN NRA COURSE. REGISTRATION AND DEPOSIT/PAYMENT ARE REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT.
ONLY 6 SEATS FOR THIS COURSE. Once payment is made, come back to this page, scroll to the bottom and click on “Register”. It will take you to the NRA site to register. This registration is required in order to obtain your course completion certificate.
Course Length: 4 Hours
This course introduces the AR15 semi-auto rifle to the student and expands on the NRA FIRST Steps Rifle Orientation Course. The student will complete the NRA course and will receive an NRA course completion certificate. This course will focus on the AR15 and cover in more detail other aspects of marksmanship such as ballistics, optics, and zeroing sights. The objective of this course is to instruct the student on their own rifle. However, if the student does not have his/her own rifle, then they can borrow one of ours, 20 rounds of ammo are included. This is not a complete rifle course as taught in the more comprehensive NRA Basic Rifle Shooting Course but will provide the student with all the information needed to safely handle and operate an AR15 as well as marksmanship skills needed to shoot the rifle accurately. The student must provide ammunition. The student is encouraged to enroll in the Basic Rifle Shooting Course if he/she wishes to expand their knowledge of rifle marksmanship and competition shooting.
- Introduction to Rifle Safety, Parts, and Operation
- California Compliant Rifle
- Introduction to Ammunition and the Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting
- Introduction to Rifle Cleaning, Storage, and Training Opportunities
- Ballistics (Introduction)
- Zeroing Sites (theory)
- Demonstration of AR15 Cleaning
- Follow Up Training Opportunities
- Move to the Range
- Introduction to Rifle Shooting From the Benchrest Position
- Introduction to Rifle Shooting From the Standing Position
Students will receive:
- NRA Guide to the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook
- NRA FIRST Steps Rifle Orientation Completion Certificate
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Student Handout
• What to bring
Required Materials for students:
- Firearm in rifle case with at least one magazine.
- 20 rounds of ammo.
- It is highly recommended that the AR15 be configured with iron sights or back up sights (BUS). The gun can be configured with additional optics such as red dot or scope if the student chooses, but having a back up sighting system is important should the other optics fail. This course does not allow for time to mount optics so make sure you have them mounted prior to coming to class.
- Electronic hearing protection
- Wrap around shooting glasses
- Pen and paper. There is a lot of material to cover.
- Water. Stay hydrated.
LOCATION: Rainbow Shooting Range 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd., Fallbrook, CA 92028
Shotgun range sitting area.
$175.00 each student
NRA FIRST Steps Rifle AR15
October 22, 2022
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM