Event Phone: 9519701018
$135 per student (plus $30 range fee)
$30 range fee will be collected in class. Cash or check made to RAI.
Length of course: 8 hours
This course introduces the student to the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Through this course, the student will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities. The Basics of Pistol Shooting Course will also help prepare the student for participation in other NRA courses. The entire course is instructor led.
Course consists of the following:
Gun Safety Rules, Types of Pistols, Understanding a Revolver & a Semi-Automatic Pistol, Ammunition, The Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting, Shooting Positions, Pistol Shooting Errors, Clearing Pistol Stoppages, Cleaning and Maintenance, Selecting Pistols, Ammunition & Accessories, Maintaining Your Skills
Lesson I: Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- State the course goal and any special requirements for the five lessons.
- Identify the principal parts of a pistol and the types of pistol actions, and demonstrate how they function.
- State, explain and apply the NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling.
- Demonstrate how to handle a pistol in a safe manner.
Lesson II: Ammunition Knowledge and the Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Identify the different components of a pistol cartridge.
- Explain the firing sequence of a cartridge..
- Explain how to properly identify and store ammunition.
- State the major types of cartridge malfunctions and how to react to them.
- Explain the fundamentals of pistol shooting.
Lesson III: Shooting Positions and Shooting Qualifications
- Demonstrate the learning steps to assume the benchrest position, and shoot
from the benchrest position.
- Demonstrate the learning steps to assume the Isosceles position, and shoot from
the Isosceles position
- Shoot the course qualification.
Lesson IV: Scoring Targets, and Selecting and Maintaining Your Pistol
- Properly score a pistol target.
- Explain the basic guidelines for selecting and purchasing a pistol.
- Identify the materials needed to clean a pistol.
- Demonstrate how to safely clean a pistol.
Lesson V: Continued Opportunities for Skill Development
- Identify several ways to pursue pistol shooting activities after the course.
- Successfully complete the NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Course written examination.
Red, White, and Blue Certification
Students must qualify at the Level 1: Red level to earn a Basic Pistol Course Completion certificate. Once the student accomplishes the Level 1: Red level, instructors are encouraged to offer them the opportunity to qualify for the Level 2: White, Level 3: Blue, and Instructor level endorsements on their certificates.
- Qualification for Level 1: Red is four five shot groups within the four-inch circle at 10 feet.
- Qualification for Level 2: White is four five shot groups within the four-inch circle at 15 feet.
- Qualification for Level 3: Blue is four five shot groups within the four-inch circle at 20 feet.
- Instructor Certification Level 4
Students will also be afforded the opportunity to shoot to the same qualification standard an NRA Certified Instructor must shoot. Student will shoot 20 shots from 45 feet at the NRA Instructor Training Qualification Target. If the student is able to place 16 of the 20 shots within a six inch group, the student would earn the instructor level endorsement. Each endorsement is something they would be proud to share with their friends and family.
Students will receive:
NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook
IN ORDER TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT, YOU MUST SEND DEPOSIT OR FULL PAYMENT AND REGISTER FOR THE COURSE. FAILURE TO DO BOTH WILL NOT HOLD YOUR SEAT AND CAN BE GIVEN TO ANOTHER STUDENT. To register, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on “REGISTER NOW”.
DO NOT CONTACT RAINBOW RANGE FOR COURSE INFORMATION. CALL US (951)970-1018.
Pay in full or pay deposit now and balance in class.
$135 each student
Deposit Now – Balance Due at Class
$40 each student – non refundable (balance due in class)
TEST FIRE UP TO 4 HIGH CALIBER PISTOLS:
Thinking about buying a gun? Try first! There are many variables to consider when selecting a pistol, specifically felt recoil which is affected by pistol size and weight and cartridge caliber, and other intangibles like ergonomics, cost, and most importantly, intended use. For $10 per pistol, you can test fire up to 4 of the following 7 models (includes 5 rds per pistol).
- Bersa Firestorm .380 ACP semi-auto
- Beretta 92FS 9mm semi-auto
- Glock 19 9mm compact semi-auto
- S&W M&P9 Shield 9mm sub-compact semi-auto
- Springfield Armory XD40 sub-compact .40 cal semi-auto
- Ruger SP101 .357 mag double-action revolver (you’ll shoot .38 spl and/or .357 mag to feel the difference)
- Ruger 9 mm revolver
$10 each pistol
FIREARMS SAFETY CERTIFICATE (FSC)-Required to purchase any firearm in California
Take a 30 question test (you can miss 7) and get issued your firearms safety certificate, good for 5 years. The information learned in the course will assist you in passing the test.
$25 per certificate
To pay by check:
Make check out to L&L Firearms Training..
Cash or check accepted in class.
- Basic Pistol Shooting
July 24, 2021
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM