This course introduces one pistol of the students choice, preferably the students own pistol. It is not a complete pistol course but will provide the student with all the information and training needed to safely handle a pistol and marksmanship skills needed to shoot the pistol accurately. Students will shoot a .22 semi-auto pistol to execute fundamentals learned during the class. The student will then shoot his/her own pistol.
This course is ideal for those who have a pistol and want to learn how to shoot it safely and effectively, and also for those who do not want to sit through a full day course and are not concerned about the NRA Course Completion Certificate. This course is also ideal for young kids.
OPTION: Test fire 6 additional high-caliber pistols for $30. Five rounds per gun. Ideal if you are planning on buying a pistol
- Bersa Firestorm .380 semi-auto
- Beretta 92FS 9mm semi-auto
- FMK 9C1 9mm compact semi-auto
- Springfield Armory XD40 .40 cal sub-compact semi-auto
- Ruger SP101 .357 mag double action revolver (shoot 38 special)
- Ruger Vaquero.357 mag single action revolver (shoot 38 special)
This is NOT an NRA-approved course but NRA safety and fundamentals are the backbone of this course.