Length: 4 hours Cost: $75 (plus $25 range fee)
This event is designed for those who are confident in their pistol shooting skills and are seeking training on CCW defensive pistol skills. Students will learn to draw from both open and concealed carry to engage targets at 3, 5, 7, 10, and 15 yds. Emphasis will be placed on proper shot placement and speed. Students will also learn how to quickly and properly react to cartridge and weapons malfunctions and shooting from cover.
The course begins with firearms safety, defensive pistol and concealed carry discussions, and shot placement. Next, students learn fundamentals of drawing from the holster and engaging targets. Tactical reloading drills and after action assessment will be incorporated once the fundamentals are executed properly. Students will then learn how to react to misfires, stove-pipe, double feed malfunctions and emergency reloads. Again, emphasis will be placed on quick reaction to correct these malfunctions. Shot timer will be added to increase speed while maintaining accuracy. Last, students will to learn to shoot from cover, shooting one hand with both strong and weak side hand, and then shoot the Riverside County CCW Qualification Course.
- Personal self-defense pistol
- Pistol holster – Outside Waistband holster with retention only (No leg, shoulder, inside waistband, ankle holsters)
- 3 – 5 magazines (Minimum 3 magazines!)
- Sturdy belt
- 200 rds of ammunition
- Electronic hearing protection MANDATORY! This is for the safety of all participants. (You can rent for $10)
- Eye protection (wrap around only)
- Shirt or jacket for concealment (what you would normally well when carrying concealed)
- Back up pistol with magazines
- Magazine holster
- Magazine loader
Once you’ve completed this course, sign up for our CA CCW Riverside County Course.
© 2020, L&L Firearms Training, LLC. All rights reserved.
- CCW Prep Course July 12, 2020
July 12, 2020
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM