Event Phone: 951-970-1018
$125 per student (plus $30 range fee)
DO NOT PAY FOR RANGE FEE ON THIS SITE. RANGE FEE WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE RANGE
(Non-refundable if canceled 2 weeks prior to the event)
- Range fee for non-members of Rainbow Shooting Range – $30 (Cash or check made to RAI will be collected at the range) DO NOT CALL RAINBOW RANGE FOR COURSE INFORMATION. CALL US (951)970-1018.
PREREQUISITES: FOR INTERMEDIATE SKILLED PISTOL SHOOTERS ONLY – You must be able to safely execute the following:
- lock your slide to the rear without assistance,
- demonstrate knowledge and ability to execute safe pistol handling techniques,
- demonstrate knowledge and ability to execute safe range safety skill
- Load, fire, and unload your firearm safely without assistance
ELIGIBILITY: Must be at least 21 years old.
LENGTH OF COURSE: 2 hrs
- One pistol you will be including in your CCW permit
- Modification -No limitations as long as it is safe and legal. Absolutely no modifications of factory safety features are allowed.
- At least 2 magazines for each pistol or 2 speed loaders for revolvers
- REQUIRED AMMUNITION
- 100 rds minimum
- OUTSIDE THE WAISTBAND rigid holster with retention capability ONLY for your main training gun. NO nylon/leather one-size-fits-all holsters! No leg, shoulder, inside waistband, ankle or off-body holsters. The holster must be made for your specific gun model.
- Eye protection – must be ballistic plastic and wrap around the face. If you wear prescription glasses you MUST wear wrap around safety glasses over your prescription glasses!!! (You can buy a pair for $5)
- Ear protection – ELECTRONIC HEARING PROTECTION MANDATORY! This is for the safety of all participants. (You can rent for $10)
- Shoes/boots. No open toed shoes
- High neck shirt. No tank tops
- Sturdy belt
- Hat with bill to protect you from hot brass
- Black ink pen
Failure to bring required equipment/gear will result in dismissal from course.
- Backup gun
- Magazine holster (optional)
- Folding Chair
This course prepares students for the CCW Safety Training and Qualification Course for both Riverside and San Diego Counties.
- 5 Step presentation from the holster and back into the holster
- Loading, unloading, and clearing.
- Weapons malfunctions
- Emergency and tactical reloads
- Engaging targets from the holster, various distances
- Failure to stop
- Search and asses
- Qualification course
You will be receiving an e-mail a few days prior to the course date. Ensure you check your spam folder and/or allow firstname.lastname@example.org to be accepted as NOT spam.
NO PICTURES OF VIDEOS! For the privacy of all our students, do not take pictures of videos of the event.
Guns and Ammunition. We are a fully licensed firearms and ammunition dealer. If you would like to buy guns or ammunition, contact us BEFORE the course so you can add to your permit. We cannot sell/deliver ammo at the range. All firearms and ammunition transactions must be conducted on our premises.
Holsters: We carry Bravo Concealment holsters, both inside and outside the waistband right-hand black.
- M&P Shield 9/40/2.0
- Glock 19/23/32/19x/19MOS/ 45, Glock 26/27/33
- Sig P365/XL
Cost is $29.99 +tax.
If you are interested in a holster not listed, please ask and we can send you a quote.
Riverside County CCW Application: Apply as soon as possible. Interview dates can vary. You no longer need a “good cause” statement which makes the process much easier.
August 19, 2022
August 19, 2022
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM