Event Phone: 951-970-1018
$120.00 per student
(plus $30 range fee if you are not a member of Rainbow Shooting Range) (Course fee includes 6 pistols. Each additional pistol after the 6th is $35 each)
DO NOT PAY FOR RANGE FEE ON THIS SITE. RANGE FEE WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE RANGE
(Non-refundable if canceled 2 weeks prior to the event)
Prerequisites: FOR INTERMEDIATE SKILLED PISTOL SHOOTERS ONLY
Eligibility: Must be at least 21 years old to apply for the CA CCW. Those attending for training purposes must by 18 years of age or older.
LENGTH OF COURSE: 4 hrs
This course fulfills the firearms safety and qualification requirement needed to renew a concealed carry permit for Riverside and San Diego County’s. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with each firearm they will be listing on their permit with emphasis placed on safety. Applicants must be able to safely draw their firearm from a concealed holster and engage targets accurately from 7,10, and 15 yards for Riverside County, and 3, 5, and 7 yards for San Diego County (scoring 70% or better to pass), then safely re-holster their pistol. Applicants will also be responsible for reacting to and safely correcting malfunctions without assistance from range staff.
The entire course will be conducted at Rainbow Shooting Range. The course will start with review and update on CCW policies, laws, and knowledge then continue with a range safety brief and course of fire brief before conducting live fire. Renewals will be required to participate in the dry fire malfunction drills. Participants will depart once their qualification is completed.
Required Materials/Gear for students:
- Unload all CCW EDC gun(s) BEFORE you sign in. You can reload and carry when you leave the event.
- All pistols you will be including in your CCW permit
- Modification – No limitations as long as it is legal. Absolutely no modifications of factory safety features is allowed.
- At least 2 magazines for each pistol
- Required Ammunition
- Riverside County: 18 rounds for each pistol you will be qualifying with. Three full cylinders for revolvers.
- San Diego County: 50 rounds – 35 for training, 15 for practice, 15 for qualification. For each additional gun, 30 rounds – 15 for practice and 15 for qualification.
- OWB/IWB holster with retention capability ONLY. No leg, shoulder, ankle or off-body holsters.
- Sturdy belt
- Hat with brim to protect your head from hot brass. YOU WILL GET HIT WITH HOT BRASS!
- Eye protection – Eyewear that offers side protection. If you wear prescription glasses you MUST wear safety glasses over your prescription glasses!!! (You can buy a pair from us for $5)
- Ear protection – ELECTRONIC HEARING PROTECTION MANDATORY! This is for the safety of all participants. (You can rent for $10)
- Shoes/boots. No open toed shoes
- High neck shirt. No tank tops
- Black ink pen
- Range fee for non-members of Rainbow Shooting Range – $30 (Cash or check to RAI will be collected at the range) DO NOT CALL RAINBOW RANGE FOR COURSE INFORMATION. CALL US (951)970-1018.
Failure to bring required equipment/gear will result in dismissal from course.
- Magazine holster
- Speed loaders for revolvers
- Folding Chair (There will be a 2 hour review before qualification)
REGISTRATION: If you have difficulties registering, send the following information to email@example.com
- Name as you want it to appear on your documents
- Phone number
- Email Address
- Driver’s license number
- Riverside or San Diego County?
- Make/Model/Caliber/Serial Number of pistols you will be adding to your permit (IMPORTANT! SERIAL NUMBER MUST MATCH EXACTLY WHAT IS PRINTED ON THE GUN)
- Are you an intermediate shooter capable of operating you pistol safely to include locking the slide to the rear?
- Do you have safety glasses that offer side protection?
- Do you have electronic hearing protection.
Rainbow Shooting Range 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd., Fallbrook, CA 92028
Instructor range. DO NOT PARK ON THE ASPHALT PARKING SPOTS.
You will be receiving an e-mail a few days prior to the course date. Ensure you check your spam folder and/or allow firstname.lastname@example.org to be accepted as NOT spam.
NO PICTURES OF VIDEOS! For the privacy of all our students, do not take pictures of videos of the event.
Guns, Ammunition and Holsters. We are a fully licensed firearms and ammunition dealer. If you would like to buy guns or ammunition, contact us BEFORE the course so you can add to your permit. We cannot sell/deliver ammo at the range. All firearms and ammunition transactions must be conducted on our premises.
We sell Bravo Concealment IWB and OWB gun and mag holsters. We carry for some of the more popular California carry guns like Glock 17. 19. 26 and similar, Shield 9/40, and Sig P365/XL. Unfortunately they do not make them for XD’s yet. Other models available for CZ P10, HK VP9, 1911’s. Hellcat, M&P 9/40, Taurus G2C, Glock 43/48, Sig P320 and also LH models. Price for all holsters is $27.99. Single mag holsters are $19,99, double mag holsters are $23.99. These are categorizes as “pancake” holsters because the are flat and keep the gun close to your body for concealability.
April 8, 2023
April 8, 2023
12:30 PM - 5:30 PM