$120 per student (plus $25 range fee)
(Non-refundable if canceled 2 weeks prior to event)
Prerequisites: Must have a prior Riverside County CCW Permit
Length of course: 4 hrs
Applicants must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with each firearm they will be listing on their permit with emphasis placed on safety. Applicants must be able to safely draw their firearm from a concealed holster and engage targets accurately from 7, 10 and 15 yards (scoring 70% or better to pass), then safely re-holster their pistol. Applicants will also be responsible for reacting to and safely correcting malfunctions without assistance from range staff.
The entire course will be conducted at the range. UNLOAD ALL FIREARMS BEFORE ARRIVING. Keep firearms cased until told to uncase for inspection. Gear up at any time but do not holster your firearm until told to do so.
Riverside County CCW Renewal Application
Required Materials/Gear for students:
- All pistols you will be including in your CCW permit
- Modification limited to sights and grips only.
- At least 2 magazines for each pistol or 2 speed loaders for revolvers
- 18 rounds for each pistol you will be qualifying with (15 for revolvers with 5 round cylinders)
- OWB or IWB holsters designed to accommodate each of your specific pistol with retention capability. No universal nylon holsters! No leg, shoulder, ankle or off-body holsters.
- Sturdy belt
- Eye protection – must be ballistic plastic and wrap around the face.
- Ear protection – electronic preferred to improve your ability to hear range commands
- Shoes/boots. No open toed shoes
- High neck shirt. No tank tops
- Concealment garment (loose t-shirt, button up shirt, jacket…what you would normally where for concealment)
Failure to bring required equipment/gear will result in dismissal from course.
- Magazine holster (optional)
- Folding Chair
- Notebook and pen
Course fee includes 3 pistols. (.380 ACP to .45 ACP)
Additional pistols $30 each
Range fee for non-members of Rainbow Shooting Range – $25. (Cash or check to RAI will be collected during class)
- February 1, 2020
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM