$95 per student (plus $25 range fee)
(Non-refundable if canceled 2 weeks prior to the event)
Prerequisites: FOR INTERMEDIATE SKILLED PISTOL SHOOTERS ONLY
Eligibility: Must be at least 21 years old to apply for the Riverside County CCW. Those attending for training purposes must by 18 years of age or older.
Length of course: 4 hrs
This course fulfills the firearms safety and qualification requirement needed to renew a concealed carry permit for Riverside County. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with each firearm they will be listing on their permit with emphasis placed on safety. Applicants must be able to safely draw their firearm from a concealed holster and engage targets accurately from 7,10, and 15 yards (scoring 70% or better to pass), then safely re-holster their pistol. Applicants will also be responsible for reacting to and safely correcting malfunctions without assistance from range staff.
The entire course will be conducted at Rainbow Shooting Range. The course will start with review and update on CCW policies, laws, and knowledge then continue with a range safety brief and course of fire brief before conducting live fire. Participants will depart once their qualification is completed.
Riverside County CCW Application
CCW Prep Course
Beginner/inexperienced shooters are highly encouraged to take our Defensive Handgun CCW Prep Course to bring their skills up to the intermediate level before attending this course. Those participants who cannot demonstrate safe pistol handling while drawing from concealed holster will be asked to leave with no refund. This is for the safety of all other participants.
Required Materials/Gear for students:
- All pistols you will be including in your CCW permit
- Modification limited to sights and grips only.
- At least 3 magazines for each pistol or 3 speed loaders for revolvers
- 18 rounds for each pistol you will be qualifying with. (15 rounds for revolvers with 5 round cylinders)
- OWB/IWB holster with retention capability ONLY. No leg, shoulder, ankle or off-body holsters.
- Sturdy belt
- Eye protection – must be ballistic plastic and wrap around the face.
- Ear protection – ELECTRONIC HEARING PROTECTION MANDATORY! This is for the safety of all participants. (You can rent for $10)
- Shoes/boots. No open toed shoes
- High neck shirt. No tank tops
- Range fee for non-members of Rainbow Shooting Range – $25 (Cash or check to RAI will be collected at the range)
Failure to bring required equipment/gear will result in dismissal from course.
- Magazine holster (optional)
- Folding Chair
- Notebook and pen
Course fee includes 3 pistols. (.380 ACP to .45 ACP)
Additional pistols $30 each
Includes AZ Non-Resident CCW Application Packet
- CCW Renewal August 23, 2020
August 23, 2020
1:00 PM - 5:30 PM