Event Phone: 951-970-1018
$35.00 per gun
(plus $30 range fee if you are not a member of Rainbow Shooting Range)
DO NOT PAY FOR RANGE FEE ON THIS SITE. RANGE FEE WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE RANGE
Prerequisites: FOR CURRENT CCW PERMIT HOLDERS ONLY
Eligibility: Must be at least 21 years old to apply for the CA CCW.
This course fulfills the firearms safety and qualification requirement needed to modify (add a gun(s) a concealed carry permit for Riverside and San Diego County’s as well as the cities of Murrieta, Hemet, Menifee, Banning and Beaumont which have their own CCW permit process. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with each firearm they will be listing on their permit with emphasis placed on safety. Applicants must be able to engage targets accurately from 7,10, and 15 yards for Riverside County, and 3, 5, and 7 yards for San Diego County, Murrieta, Hemet, Menifee, Banning, and Beaumont (scoring 70% or better to pass), then safely re-holster their pistol. Applicants will also be responsible for reacting to and safely correcting malfunctions without assistance from range staff.
Complete the course first, then apply for modification on the Sheriff’s website:
Required Materials/Gear for students:
- Unload all CCW EDC gun(s) BEFORE you sign in. You can reload and carry when you leave the event.
- Keep your gun(s) in your case until instructed to holster. DO NOT wear your gun in the holster when you check in with us.
- All pistols you will be including in your CCW permit
- Modification -No limitations as long as it is legal. Absolutely no modifications of factory safety features is allowed.
- At least 2 magazines for each pistol
- Round count
- Riverside County – 18 rounds for each pistol you will be qualifying with. Three full cylinders for revolvers.
- San Diego County – 15 rounds for each pistol
- Murrieta, Hemet, Menifee, Banning, and Beaumont – 3 full magazines/cylinders per gun.
- ALL SHOOTERS – BRING EXTRA AMMO TO COVER ANY AMMO MALFUNCTIONS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE.
- Inside or Outside the waistband holster
- Sturdy belt
- Hat with bill to protect you from hot brass.
- Eye protection – MANDATORY Eyewear that offers side protection. If you wear prescription glasses you MUST wear safety glasses over your prescription glasses!!!
- Ear protection
- Shoes/boots. No open toed shoes
- High neck shirt. No tank tops
- Black ink pen
- Range fee for non-members of Rainbow Shooting Range – $30 (Cash or check made to RAI will be collected at the range) DO NOT CALL RAINBOW RANGE FOR COURSE INFORMATION. CALL US (951)970-1018.
Failure to bring required equipment/gear will result in dismissal from course.
- Magazine holster/pouch
- Speed loader for revolvers
Directions for the classroom portion will be sent to students a few days prior to the course date. It will be in Temecula,
Live fire will be conducted after the classroom portion at Rainbow Shooting Range 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd., Fallbrook, CA 92028
Instructor range. DO NOT PARK ON THE ASPHALT PARKING SPOTS.
REGISTRATION: If you have difficulties registering, send the following information to [email protected]
- Name as you want it to appear on your documents
- Phone number
- E-mail address. (Make sure you can receive e-mails from [email protected] to receive course information)
- Driver’s license number (Riverside County only)
- Riverside or San Diego County? Murrieta, Hemet, Menifee, Banning or Beaumont?
- Make/Model/Caliber/Serial Number of pistols you will be adding to your permit (IMPORTANT! MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER MUST MATCH EXACTLY WHAT IS PRINTED ON THE GUN)
- Are you an intermediate shooter capable of operating you pistol safely to include locking the slide to the rear?
- Do you have safety glasses that offer side protection?
- Do you have electronic hearing protection.
You will be receiving an e-mail a few days prior to the course date. Ensure you check your spam folder and/or allow [email protected] to be accepted as NOT spam.
NO PICTURES OR VIDEOS! For the privacy of all our students, do not take pictures of videos of the event.
Guns and Ammunition. We are a fully licensed firearms and ammunition dealer. If you would like to buy guns or ammunition, contact us BEFORE the course so you can add to your permit. We cannot sell/deliver ammo at the range. All firearms and ammunition transactions must be conducted on our premises.
December 17, 2023
December 17, 2023
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM