Event Phone: 951-970-1018
$215.00 per student
(plus $30 range fee if you are not a member of Rainbow Shooting Range) (Course fee includes 3 pistols. Each additional pistol after the 3rd is $35 each)
DO NOT PAY FOR RANGE FEE ON THIS SITE. RANGE FEE WILL BE COLLECTED AT THE RANGE
(Non-refundable if canceled 2 weeks prior to the event)
- Range fee for non-members of Rainbow Shooting Range – $30 (Cash or check made to RAI will be collected at the range) DO NOT CALL RAINBOW RANGE FOR COURSE INFORMATION. CALL US (951)970-1018.
PREREQUISITES: FOR INTERMEDIATE SKILLED PISTOL SHOOTERS ONLY – You must be able to safely execute the following:
- lock your slide to the rear without assistance,
- demonstrate knowledge and ability to execute safe pistol handling techniques,
- demonstrate knowledge and ability to execute safe range safety skill
- Load, fire, and unload your firearm safely without assistance
- This course EVALUATES your skills, it does teach you these basic pistol skills. If you cannot demonstrate the above you will be dismissed and asked to return after you’ve received additional training. Contact us for private lessons.
ELIGIBILITY: Must be at least 21 years old to apply for the CA CCW permit. Those attending for training purposes must by 18 years of age or older.
LENGTH OF COURSE: 8 hrs – Due to Covid restrictions, this course will be taught via blended format. Students will do home study and exam prior to the event date. Students must pass the exam in order to attend the event. This event will be divided into 2 portions. First half will be conducted in Temecula, second part will be conducted at Rainbow Shooting Range at the time indicated on your ticket.
REQUIRED HOME STUDY AND EXAM – Student handout will be sent to you via e-mail about a week prior to the course date. Study the student handout, complete your exam, then send to us via e-mail. You must pass with 90% in order to attend the live fire portion of the course. We will be discussing the information in class.
- All pistols you will be including in your CCW permit
- Modification -No limitations as long as it is safe and legal. Absolutely no modifications of factory safety features are allowed.
- At least 2 magazines for each pistol
- REQUIRED AMMUNITION
- Riverside County: 50 rounds for your one training gun- 35 rounds for training, 18 rounds for qualification. For each additional gun 18 rounds , revolvers 3 full cylinders.
- San Diego County: 100 rounds for you one training gun – 70 rounds for training, 15 rounds for practice qualification, 15 rounds for qualification. For each additional gun 30 rounds, 15 for practice and 15 for qualification.
- OUTSIDE THE WAISTBAND rigid holster with retention capability ONLY for your main training gun. NO flimsy nylon/leather one-size-fits-all holsters! No leg, shoulder, inside waistband, ankle or off-body holsters. The holster must be made for your specific gun model. If you have more than one gun, general purpose holster or IWB holster is acceptable for your other guns.
- If you have a strong-side inside-the-waistband holster, placing it between your pants and belt is acceptable.
- Eye protection – Eyewear that provides side protection. If you wear prescription glasses you MUST wear safety glasses over your prescription glasses!!! (You can buy a pair for $5)
- Regular or oversized to use with prescription glasses.
- Ear protection – ELECTRONIC HEARING PROTECTION MANDATORY! This is for the safety of all participants. (You can rent for $10)
- Shoes/boots. No open toed shoes
- High neck shirt. No tank tops
- Sturdy belt
- Hat with bill to protect you from hot brass. YOU WILL GET HIT WITH HOT BRASS!
- Black ink pen
Failure to bring required equipment/gear will result in dismissal from course.
- Magazine holster/pouch
- Speed loaders for revolvers
- Folding Chair (There will be lecture/discussion session for the first 2 hours.)
This course fulfills the firearms safety and qualification requirement needed to obtain a concealed carry permit for Riverside and San Diego County. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with each firearm they will be listing on their permit with emphasis placed on safety. Applicants must be able to safely draw their firearm from an outside-the-waistband holster and engage targets accurately from 7,10, and 15 yards for Riverside County, and 3, 5, and 7 yards for San Diego and Los Angeles County (scoring 70% or better to pass), then safely re-holster their pistol. Applicants will also be responsible for reacting to and safely correcting malfunctions without assistance from range staff.
REGISTRATION: ONE PERSON PER REGISTRATION! Have the following information available when you register. You will be required to provide this to check out. Only one student per registration. Each student must submit their own registration.
- NAME as you want it to appear on your paperwork
- E-mail address. (Make sure you can receive e-mails from firstname.lastname@example.org to receive course information)
- Driver’s license number
- Riverside or San Diego County?
- Make/Model/Caliber/Serial Number of pistols you will be adding to your permit (IMPORTANT! SERIAL NUMBER MUST MATCH EXACTLY WHAT IS PRINTED ON THE GUN)
- Are you an intermediate shooter capable of operating you pistol safely to include locking the slide to the rear?
- Do you have safety glasses that offer side protection?
- Do you have electronic hearing protection.
Directions for the classroom portion will be sent to students a few days prior to the course date. It will be in Temecula,
Live fire will be conducted after the classroom portion at Rainbow Shooting Range 3139 Rainbow Valley Blvd., Fallbrook, CA 92028
Instructor range. DO NOT PARK ON THE ASPHALT PARKING SPOTS.
You will be receiving an e-mail a few days prior to the course date. Ensure you check your spam/junk folder and/or allow email@example.com to be accepted as NOT spam.
NO PICTURES OF VIDEOS! For the privacy of all our students, do not take pictures of videos of the event.
Guns, Ammunition and Holsters. We are a fully licensed firearms and ammunition dealer. If you would like to buy guns or ammunition, contact us BEFORE the course so you can add to your permit. We cannot sell/deliver ammo at the range. All firearms and ammunition transactions must be conducted on our premises.
We sell Bravo Concealment IWB and OWB gun and mag holsters. We carry for some of the more popular California carry guns like Glock 17. 19. 26 and similar, Shield 9/40, and Sig P365/XL. Unfortunately they do not make them for XD’s yet. Other models available for CZ P10, HK VP9, 1911’s. Hellcat, M&P 9/40, Taurus G2C, Glock 43/48, Sig P320 and also LH models. Price for all holsters is $27.99. Single mag holsters are $19,99, double mag holsters are $23.99. These are categorizes as “pancake” holsters because the are flat and keep the gun close to your body for concealability.
Riverside County CCW Application
December 9, 2022
December 9, 2022
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM