Event Phone: 951-970-1018
Your cart is empty
$215 per student (plus $30 range fee) (Course fee includes 3 pistols. Each additional pistol after the 3rd is $30 each)
(Non-refundable if canceled 2 weeks prior to the event)
- Range fee for non-members of Rainbow Shooting Range – $30 (Cash or check made to RAI will be collected at the range) DO NOT CALL RAINBOW RANGE FOR COURSE INFORMATION. CALL US (951)970-1018.
PREREQUISITES: FOR INTERMEDIATE SKILLED PISTOL SHOOTERS ONLY – You must be able to safely execute the following:
- lock your slide to the rear without assistance,
- demonstrate knowledge and ability to execute safe pistol handling techniques,
- demonstrate knowledge and ability to execute safe range safety skill
- Load, fire, and unload your firearm safely without assistance
- This course EVALUATES your skills, it does teach you these basic pistol skills. If you cannot demonstrate the above you will be dismissed and asked to return after you’ve received additional training. Contact us for private lessons.
ELIGIBILITY: Must be at least 21 years old to apply for the CA CCW permit. Those attending for training purposes must by 18 years of age or older.
LENGTH OF COURSE: 8 hrs – Due to Covid restrictions, this course will be taught via blended format. Students will do home study and exam prior to the event date. Students must pass the exam in order to attend the range portion. The range portion will be conducted at Rainbow Shooting Range at the time indicated on your ticket.
REQUIRED HOME STUDY AND EXAM – Student handout will be sent to you via e-mail about a week prior to the course date. Study the student handout, complete your exam, then send to us via e-mail. You must pass with 90% in order to attend the live fire portion of the course. We will be discussing the information in class.
- All pistols you will be including in your CCW permit
- Modification -No limitations as long as it is safe and legal. Absolutely no modifications of factory safety features are allowed.
- At least 2 magazines for each pistol or 2 speed loaders for revolvers
- REQUIRED AMMUNITION
- Riverside County: 50 rounds for your one training gun- 35 rounds for training, 18 rounds for qualification. For each additional gun 18 rounds or 15 for 5 shot revolvers.
- San Diego County: 100 rounds for you one training gun – 70 rounds for training, 15 rounds for practice qualification, 15 rounds for qualification. For each additional gun 30 rounds, 15 for practice and 15 for qualification.
- OUTSIDE THE WAISTBAND rigid holster with retention capability ONLY for your main training gun. NO nylon/leather one-size-fits-all holsters! No leg, shoulder, inside waistband, ankle or off-body holsters. The holster must be made for your specific gun model. If you have more than one gun, general purpose holster or IWB holster is acceptable for your other guns.
- Eye protection – must be ballistic plastic and wrap around the face. If you wear prescription glasses you MUST wear wrap around safety glasses over your prescription glasses!!! (You can buy a pair for $5)
- Ear protection – ELECTRONIC HEARING PROTECTION MANDATORY! This is for the safety of all participants. (You can rent for $10)
- No Shorts.
- Shoes/boots. No open toed shoes
- High neck shirt. No tank tops
- Sturdy belt
- Hat with bill to protect you from hot brass
- Black ink pen
Failure to bring required equipment/gear will result in dismissal from course.
- Magazine holster (optional)
- Folding Chair
This course fulfills the firearms safety and qualification requirement needed to obtain a concealed carry permit for Riverside and San Diego County. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with each firearm they will be listing on their permit with emphasis placed on safety. Applicants must be able to safely draw their firearm from an outside-the-waistband holster and engage targets accurately from 7,10, and 15 yards for Riverside County, and 3, 5, and 7 yards for San Diego and Los Angeles County (scoring 70% or better to pass), then safely re-holster their pistol. Applicants will also be responsible for reacting to and safely correcting malfunctions without assistance from range staff.
REGISTRATION: ONE PERSON PER REGISTRATION! Have the following information available when you register. You will be required to provide this to check out. Only one student per registration. Each student must submit their own registration.
- NAME as you want it to appear on your paperwork
- DRIVER’S LICENSE NUMBER
- For each gun you will be qualifying with
- SERIAL NUMBER
You will be receiving an e-mail a few days prior to the course date. Ensure you check your spam folder and/or allow firstname.lastname@example.org to be accepted as NOT spam.
NO PICTURES OF VIDEOS! For the privacy of all our students, do not take pictures of videos of the event.
Guns and Ammunition. We are a fully licensed firearms and ammunition dealer. If you would like to buy guns or ammunition, contact us BEFORE the course so you can add to your permit. We cannot sell/deliver ammo at the range. All firearms and ammunition transactions must be conducted on our premises.
Riverside County CCW Application
Good cause statement: To assist you with the registration process and good cause statements, go to these sites:
August 14, 2022
August 14, 2022
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM