$200 per student (plus $25 range fee)
(Non-refundable if canceled 2 weeks prior to the event)
Prerequisites: FOR INTERMEDIATE SKILLED PISTOL SHOOTERS ONLY
Eligibility: Must be at least 21 years old to apply for the Riverside County CCW. Those attending for training purposes must by 18 years of age or older.
Length of course: 8 hrs
This course fulfills the firearms safety and qualification requirement needed to obtain a concealed carry permit for Riverside County. Applicants must demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with each firearm they will be listing on their permit with emphasis placed on safety. Applicants must be able to safely draw their firearm from a concealed holster and engage targets accurately from 7,10, and 15 yards (scoring 70% or better to pass), then safely re-holster their pistol. Applicants will also be responsible for reacting to and safely correcting malfunctions without assistance from range staff.
Classroom session is 4 hours long and held in classroom environment in Temecula. Bring snacks and drinks if you wish. NO LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM! There will be an exam at the end of the session. Participants will get a 1 hour lunch then transition to the range. The course will continue with a range safety brief and course of fire brief before conducting live fire. Participants will depart once their qualification is completed.
Riverside County CCW Application
CCW Prep Course
Beginner/inexperienced shooters are highly encouraged to take our Defensive Handgun CCW Prep Course to bring their skills up to the intermediate level before attending this course. Those participants who cannot demonstrate safe pistol handling while drawing from concealed holster will be asked to leave with no refund. This is for the safety of all other participants.
Required Materials/Gear for students:
- All pistols you will be including in your CCW permit
- Modification limited to sights and grips only.
- At least 3 magazines for each pistol or 3 speed loaders for revolvers
- 100 rounds for practice and live fire exercises.
- 18 rounds for each pistol you will be qualifying with. (15 rounds for revolvers with 5 round cylinders)
- OUTSIDE THE WAISTBAND holster with retention capability ONLY. No leg, shoulder, inside waistband, ankle or off-body holsters.
- Sturdy belt
- Eye protection – must be ballistic plastic and wrap around the face.
- Ear protection – ELECTRONIC HEARING PROTECTION MANDATORY! This is for the safety of all participants. (You can rent for $10)
- Shoes/boots. No open toed shoes
- High neck shirt. No tank tops
- Concealment garment (loose t-shirt, button up shirt, jacket…what you would normally where for concealment)
- Range fee for non-members of Rainbow Shooting Range – $25 (Cash or check made to RAI will be collected at the range)
Failure to bring required equipment/gear will result in dismissal from course.
- Magazine holster (optional)
- Folding Chair
- Notebook and pen
Course fee includes 3 pistols. (.380 ACP to .45 ACP)
Additional pistols $30 each
Includes AZ Non-Resident CCW Application Packet
- CCW Initial July 26, 2020
July 26, 2020
11:00 AM - 5:30 PM