In order to purchase a ammunition, you, the buyer, must be present at the time of DROS and at ammo pick up and the entire transaction must be accomplished on our premises. We cannot deliver the ammo to you or do the paperwork at any other location. All documents must be originals, no copies, scans, photo’s, etc can be accepted. An eligibility check must first be conducted before purchasing ammunition.

Persons seeking to purchase or transfer ammunition will have to undergo an eligibility check and be approved bye the Department of Justice prior to sale or transfer unless otherwise specified under Article 3 section 30352 and 30370 of the California Penal Code. You are eligible if you meet one of the following requirements:

  • You have a current Certificate of Eligibility.
  • You’re information matches an entry in the Automated Firearms Safety System (name, date of birth, current address, and driver’s license or other government identification card) and you do not fall within a class of persons who are prohibited from owning or possessing ammunition. (click here for instructions on how to update your information in the Automated Firearm System)
  • You are not prohibited from purchasing or possessing ammunition.
  • You have been approved by the DOJ to receive a firearm from the ammunition vendor, pursuant to Penal Code section 28220, if the vendor is a licenses firearm dealer, and the ammunition is delivered to you in the same transaction as the firearm. For example, if you buy a firearm from us, you can also buy ammunition using the same DROS if approved byt the DOJ. The ammunition will be delivered to you at the same time the gun is delivered to you.


  • A. Valid government-issued photo ID bearing the name, photograph, date of birth, place of residence, and signature. Common examples – Valid California driver’s license (Real ID) or valid California identification card issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
    • No PO Box. It must be your physical address. If it does have your physical address you will need to supplement the government-issued ID with one of the following government issued document. The document must be current.
      • Valid car registration issued by the DMV with your name and physical address.
      • Guard Card/Firearms Card
      • CCW Permit
      • Fishing Hunting License issued by Department of Fish and Wildlife
      • Tax bill
      • Voter Identification Card
    • If the government-issued ID says “Federal Limits Apply” on the front, you must submit proof of lawful presence in the US.
      • Valid unexpired US passport or passport card.
      • Certified copy of US birth certificate
      • Certification of Birth Abroad, Certification of Report of Birth, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America issued by the US Department of State.
      • Valid unexpired foreign passport with valid US Immigrant visa and approved Record of Arrival/Departure form.
      • Certified copy of birth certificate from a US Territory.
      • Certificate of Naturalization or US Citizenship.
      • Valid unexpired Permanent Residence Card.
    • If the name on the non-compliant government issued California DL or ID differs from the name on the proof of lawful presence document submitted then you must submit one of the following:
      • An adoption document that contains your legal name as a result of adoption.
      • A name change document that contains your legal name both before and as a result of the name change.
      • A marriage certificate.
      • A dissolution of marriage document that contains your legal name as a result of court action.
      • A certificate, declaration, or registration document verifying the formation of a domestic partnership.
      • A dissolution of domestic partnership document that contains your legal name as a result of court action.
    • Active Duty Military – Military identification card with name, date of birth, and photograph supplemented with permanent change of station orders.
  • B. Proof of Residency (if address on CA Driver’s license or CA Identification Card is not your current physical address)
    • Current government-issued license, permit, or registration, other than a California Driver License or California Identification Card, that has a specified expiration date or period of validity. The license, permit, or registration must bear your name and either of the following:
      • Your current physical address as declared on the DROS.
      • Your current physical address as it appears on his or her California Driver License or California Identification Card, or change of address attachment.
  • Examples or acceptable proof of residency
    • Carry Concealed Weapons (CCW) Permit.
    • Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
    • Curio and Relic (C&R) Federal Firearms License (03 FFL) with name and address.
    • Current DMV Disabled Placard.
    • Current DMV Registration.
    • Electricity, gas, cable bill with your name on it from within the last 3 months.
    • Resident Hunting License issued by Department of Fish and Wildlife.
    • Fishing License: Commercial, Resident Sport, Lifetime, 1, 2, and 10 day licenses issued by the Department of Fish and Wildlife.
    • Signed, dated and notarized rental agreement/contract.